Experienced And Sound Legal Advice In Real Estate Basics
Real estate matters are complex and involve large amounts of money. In order to protect your interests at the start of a real estate transaction or dispute, the legal advice of an experienced attorney becomes invaluable.
Ryan, Brucker & Kalis, Ltd., with its office in Aitkin, Minnesota, has a long tradition of helping individuals and businesses address their present legal needs. We guide our clients throughout the basics of real estate and how they can use the legal tools available to shield or arrange their deals according to their wishes.
Representing Individuals And Families For Multiple Generations
Our law firm started in 1933. Since then, we have garnered the trust of various families in our community, having addressed their legal needs throughout multiple generations. Our focus and passion are on doing things right for our clients.
Our range of services regarding real estate includes but is not limited to the following:
- Preparation of documents: We help with the actual drafting and review of a real estate purchase transaction and represent our clients’ best interests at the closing of the deal.
- Real estate litigation: We handle boundary line disputes, quiet title actions, partition actions, and other litigation stemming from negligence or breach of duty, breach of contract or due to title defects discovered during a title search that were not disclosed.
- Joint tenancy and tenancy in common: We thoroughly explain to our clients the difference between both of these types of ownership, how they are created and terminated, and the relevant rights of survivorship for a joint tenancy.
- Transfers of real estate and medical assistance: We counsel our clients about when and if to transfer their assets before applying for Medical Assistance. In general, such transactions should be done at least five years before the application.
- Life estates and transfers on death deeds (TODDs). We develop tailored solutions according to our clients’ needs and wishes and explain the advantages and disadvantages of each legal tool and how to secure their rights over their property.
Moreover, we provide legal guidance to our clients regarding the different types of real estate ownership. Whether you have already chosen a type of ownership and require counseling to protect your rights or need assistance to understand your options, we stand ready to assist you.
At Ryan, Brucker & Kalis, Ltd., we are proud to address our Minnesota clients’ needs in various fields of the law. While we advocate for your best interests in a real estate transaction, we can also help you with your estate planning needs, family law and business matters. We also serve real estate developers.